Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Autumn.

It's here again, the autumn. Season of falling leaves, migrating birds, mosquitoes disappearing, the nature is getting ready to survive through another arctic winter. For me it's the same story as at the end of last year, no more knife making for now. Autumn is time for hunting, and the winter goes in another job. Below is a set of random pics from my random trips from August to October.  Thanks for reading, see you here maybe one day again!


Open fell view towards Hammastunturi.






An old reindeer herders' hut in Hammastunturi wilderness area. Nowadays serves as an open hut for hikers.



Pyry showing no interest to continue at the moment, as outside there's an army of mosquitoes waiting. Much more cosy to rest under the mossy net.

Bunch of reindeers enjoying a sunny day





"You just did it, so it must be a convenient way to cross the stream"

A moose almost ran over me. It passed just few meters away, but I wasn't quick enough to get my camera from the pocket.





Pyry having a sun bath.
Camping by a small river in Lemmenjoki national park.





A female capercaillie hiding in a pine.




Crossing a shallow river, Lemmenjoki national park.




"You taking the tipi down, why already now?"











Ivalojoki, river Ivalo. Hammastunturi wilderness area.


Kumu was barkin at a moose. I sneaked closer, and called him away, as I have no interest to teach him to be a moose hunting dog. You can see the the moose standing up the hill, behind Kumu...



... it stayed still for few minutes, just wandering what's happening there.
Fresh colours of the late summer birch forest.

Pyry enjoying the lake scenery. Dogs do enjoy a nice scenery you know....



Fat wood campfire soothing my tea pot.




Young male capercaillie hiding behind the branches....



...And Kumu barking at it vigorously.












Changing into autumn colours.

Leaves falling.

First capercaillie of the season.




Gloving stove in the tipi giving warmth.

Autumn colours around Vaskisjoki in the boreal forest of Hammastunturi wilderness area.





A penny for your thoughts, dog!

Leaves have fallen...

... and birches look like ghosts sensing the winter coming.







Satisfied dog after a good work on a capercaillie.

Ground colours are nice for quite a while after the leaves have fallen. Lemmenjoki national park.


" Yeah, I know that I know how to do this..."





"And yeah, you don't have to say anything... I know I'm not allowed to chase the reindeer, so I'm just wathching them passing our camp"






A simple sauna by the Ivalo river in Hammastunturi wilderness area. Heat the pile of stones, let the fire go down, pull on the cover. Sit on the bench, throw some water on the hot stones, and enjoy!


More sceneries of Ivalojoki area.


A historical gold digging site of Ritakoski by the river Ivalo in Hammastunturi wilderness area. Serves as an open hut too.



 A misty shot taken right after the rain has ended in Hammastunturi wilderness area ends this very random and no-real-meaning set of pictures. Again, thanks for reading, take care!



5 comments:

  1. Our autumn just hit too, only a week after a hurricane. Temperature fell like a stone from 32C to a frigid 22C...I am actually able to wear my field jacket with extra pockets, now!

    Pasi, I love the knives, but love these photos nearly as much. Blessings, and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're having our summer temperature there, nice.

      Thanks for the kind words, Bob!

      Delete
    2. wow, I could wear my favorite M65 field jacket year round with all the pockets, while you could laugh and go swimming. Of course, in winter, the field jacket would be buried under my parka....

      Delete